Congratulations to the class of 2018!
With graduations right around the corner, we know how hard you’ve worked, and we want to celebrate this milestone with you.
Here are some tips for you as you get ready for some adulting:
- Attend a Career Fair – Dress business casual (no jeans or sneakers) to make a good impression.
- Update Your Resume – Having a strong resume will help you avoid many headaches in your job search, and it’s one less thing to worry about going forward. If you don’t have career services available for graduate students on your campus, try connecting with alumni. Many universities have alumni networks set up to help students and new graduates connect with their more experienced peers. If you’re still not getting what you need, ask a career coach.
- Share Your Research -Three Minute Thesis (3MT) is a global phenomenon. If you haven’t heard of it, 3MT is a competition that gives graduate students three minutes and a single PowerPoint slide to explain their research to an audience of educated peers.
- Read – I know you already read all the time, but I’m talking about reading that’s related to you, your situation, aspirations and career plans.
- Attend Beyond the Professoriate (keep learning beyond the classroom)
- Knowing what is the hot cake for the market - Before you look for your job, don’t spend too much time and money, but do get something something cool, yet sophisticated, such as a suit, nice leather shoes or some accessories make you standing out but won;t be too much. In this case, we highly recommend for you and your buddies …
Rastaclat Knotaclat Bracelet!
This Limited Edition Gradclat is a black rope bracelet featuring tassels & gold hardware with a 2018 emblem. Comes in exclusive diploma inspired collector’s box. 100% shiny polyester rope. One size fits most wrists, 6″ to 7.5″ wrist circumference.
Because it’s simple and classic, but not too formal. You can wear it with suit, casual style or while on vacay or about town wearing T-shirts. Even guys who normally don’t consider wearing bracelets will now think, “if I don’t have this Rastaclat bracelet, but other trendsetters do, am I still the coolest kid on the block?”
Don’t try too hard to be cool … just live the life of cool … in and out of school!
Follow the tips above and #seekthepositive! You will always be the coolest in school at work or just hitting the streets!
From us, to you … the Lula 101 Service, Styles & Smiles crew.